This is an example of a UML communication diagram, which illustrates the online bookshop transaction process.
2. What is UML Communication Diagram
Like sequence diagrams, which are a type of interaction diagram, UML communication diagrams demonstrate how objects interact. A communication diagram is an extension of an object diagram that depicts the objects as well as the communications that pass between them. The communication diagram depicts the messages that objects transmit to one another in addition to the associations between them.
3. The Usage of UML Communication Diagram
- Message transmission between objects or roles that give use case and operation functionalities.
- Model mechanisms as part of the system's architectural design.
- Within the collaboration scenario, capture interactions that reveal the passed messages between objects and roles.
- Model distinct situations inside use cases or operations involving the collaboration of various objects and interactions.
- Support the identification of objects (hence classes), as well as their properties (message parameters) and operations (messages) in use cases.
4. How to Create a UML Communication Diagram
Creating a UML Diagram in EdrawMax Online is pretty simple. The free UML Diagram maker has several features, like directly importing the data from the .csv file or creating one from scratch using free templates.
Step 1: Login EdrawMax Online
Log in EdrawMax Online using your registered email address. If this is your first time accessing the tool, you can create your personalized account from your personal or professional email address.
Step 2: Choose a template
EdrawMax Online comes with hundreds of free UML diagram templates. Select a pre-designed template from the product based on your preference or need by selecting the "UML Modeling" on the left navigation pane. It will open up several UML Diagram types, like class diagram, activity diagram, and more. Alternatively, press "+" in EdrawMax Online canvas to create a UML Diagram from scratch.
Step 3:Customize the diagram
Customize your UML diagram by changing the symbols and shapes as required. With the easy drag-and-drop feature of EdrawMax Online, you can use all the relative elements from libraries.
Step 4:Export & Share
Once your UML diagram is completed, you can share it amongst your colleagues or clients using the easy export and share option. You can export a UML Diagram in multiple formats, like Graphics, JPEG, PDF, or HTML. Also, you can share the designs on different social media platforms, like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or Line.